Monday, May 24, 2010

I am interested in marketing t-shirts, greeting cards, original art for an artist friend. How should I start?

Heather is a gifted artist - her designs are on www.wackyequestrian.com - and she asked me to help market them. I have not done this before. Any suggestions where to start? Local stores, yes, but would like to get to home shopping network, anything to do with horses.... any ideas?

I am interested in marketing t-shirts, greeting cards, original art for an artist friend. How should I start?
I don't know about the home shopping network, but marketing ideas that could very well get a lot of exposure would be:





Trade shows: Google or Yahoo Equestrian Trade Shows, if she cant afford a booth she can simply attend with family/friends wearing her shirts, carrying business cards she can hand them out to everyone that comments on the art work





She can approach (via letter, email or phone call) ranch owners, bed and breakfast owners and offer to sell her products there if they have a small shop





Look up schools (high schools and colleges) that have horse back riding in their curriculum and send information to the head of the department. Hold a contest on your site and register the contest (goggle online contest listing services)





Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment