Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Best place online to sell handcrafted greeting cards?

I have been making cards for a while and have sold them fairly succesfully through gift shops etc. However, I have recently been diagnosed whith Cancer and no longer have the energy to get out and about sourcing outlets, so I would like to sell them online (little energy required!). I would appreciate it if anyone can give me any information about how to go about doing this. I have had to go onto Disability Living Allowance for a while so probably would not be able to afford a website of my own. Any info at all will be gratefully appreciated.

Best place online to sell handcrafted greeting cards?
There's a site made specifically for artists and crafters to sell their work online: http://www.etsy.com


There's a great community over there and lots of cool stuff. You get your own store and everything. Good luck :)
Reply:You can sell them on ebay as a private seller, i know a girl who does, as she does okay... check ebay out and have a wee look..


Good luck x





Edit....


You can sell them at a fixed price, but under cutting the big named card shops, i usually pay between £3-4 for a good card from a named outlet , on ebay i buy them now for as little as £2.00......


No comments:

Post a Comment