Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I go about selling stationery / greeting cards etc?

I am interested in designing %26amp; producing my own range of stationery including things such as greeting cards, invitations, correspondence cards etc and would like some information how to get into this. I already work for a design %26amp; printing company so actually producing my work is not a problem, I would like some information of the next step from there, how you make contacts, who you sell to etc.! Any advice please or your own experiences! Thanks

How do I go about selling stationery / greeting cards etc?
Hi, firstly you need to set up a website and have business cards produced. Get a portfolio of your ware, cards, stationery etc. Then call on shops and business's that sell cards and stationery. Show them your goods and hopefully you will get orders. Don't forget to leave them some cards etc and say you'll call back in a week to see how they got on. Perseverance and hard work, good quality goods and you should soon have the orders rolling. Go to local fetes, shows etc and have a stand showing off your cards, stationery etc. Book a stand at Trade Fairs. Very soon the work should come rolling in. Be competitive and don't price yourself out of the market. Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment