Thursday, April 30, 2009

How can I get greeting card companies to consider my artwork for their cards?

Some artists I know think that my work is ideally suited for greeting cards. I'd like to sell art to greeting card companies. Any ideas on the best approaches? Thank you.

How can I get greeting card companies to consider my artwork for their cards?
If you aren't sure where to start, I really, really recomend the book "Artists and Graphic Designer's Market." I included a link to this year's copy. It not only has suggestions for how to submit, but addresses to every greeting card company in America as well as the guidelines for submitting to each. Be warned, though, they're really selective. My boyfriend and I each submit to dozens of things a year, and only every once in a while do our submissions get accepted. The bottom line, though, is to keep trying. If your work at it hard enough and if your art is good, you'll make progress.





I've bookmarked this site...





http://www.123thebest.info/go.php?link=f...





Best wishes
Reply:well you can email them and ask them to see your designs (set up a meeting) with the art director of the company..


present them and if they like them they can either offer you a job or buy the copyrights..


best of luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment